Friday, July 14, 2006

Que Viva la Jeopardy!

What can I say, it's a classic. Students love it. Why? I'm not sure. But when you put them on teams, let them buzz in, and award points, the boring old review problems seem to take on a new vibrancy. It's like putting a sprinkling of cilantro on Safeway vegetable soup (and getting points for eating it!). Anyway, I used Geometer's Sketchpad to make an interactive version (clicking on the point value sends you to the question, with the answer hidden and ready to be revealed). You need a projector for this to be useful, of course, but it was way better than using the overhead.

If you want a copy of the file to look at or modify, send me an email at dgreene AT dcp.org.

By the way, is it possible to post files on blogger given that I don't have any other website where I store them?

No comments: