Thursday, March 08, 2007

Rational Review

Today, I did a lecture on the end behavior of rational functions. We used polynomial division to rewrite the rational function, and then figured out what terms would approach 0, leaving us with a lovely end-behavior function.

Students are starting to get overwhelmed - though they know the differences between x-intercepts, y-intercepts, and vertical asymptotes, when called on to figure them all out for a problem, they tend to mix things up. So I need to stop and take a day for review. So, I present:

Another Perplex City inspired creation for tomorrow's lesson. Enjoy!

Can you decipher the message? Leave a comment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it says "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine".

Dan Wekselgreene said...

Nope, less preachy :)

Anonymous said...

So, can I have a dollar then? ;)

Dan Wekselgreene said...

Of course! See me after class. Extra credit if you know what the secondary code says.

Anonymous said...

man.. no dollar for me, greene, but I do LOVE dancing... especially in MATH class.

Dan Wekselgreene said...

Elementary, my dear Mathercize.

Anonymous said...

Three-forty is our train, and I fancy we should be back in Baker Street for dinner.